Skip to main content

Why Was Gaming As a Kid so Much Fun? How Do We Get Back The Feeling of Getting a New Game As a Kid?

I realize that now as a grownup gaming has slowed down for me. It's not what it used to be. I remember the days of being a kid and how it felt to play a video game then, there was an excitement and passion and euphoria that I just can't seem to recreate again. Maybe I will if a game comes along that really gives me that nostalgic joy again.

My history of playing video games started with the Nintendo 64 when I was 6 years old. That was my first console and I played it to death, both my brother and I would spent Saturday mornings gaming and eating Ice Cream. I want to feel the feeling of sitting down to play on a Saturday morning and knowing adventure awaits you. If i could get that feeling again , it would be all I need in life. Saturday mornings were the most memorable for me because they were filled with so much fun for me. Back then I had just moved to the United States with my Dad and my brother and we didn't have much to our name. We had public assistance and we barely scraped by. My dad had to take care of two young children on his own. That wasn't easy. Gaming was what i gravitated towards to fill my time. Gaming gave me a sense of excitement and euphoria that I would seek again and again in my life. There is still nothing quite like Saturday mornings even today when i start my day with a gaming session.

A few years down the road my gaming took me to the Gameboy Advance. I played pokemon on it a lot. It was Pokemon Blue and it was the only game my brother and I had for it. but it was enough. There was plenty to do in the game and it was better to be able to get good in one game then to have a lot of games and not finish any of them. Gaming as a kid was fun that's for sure. Later we would get a computer and that would be the start of my pc gaming journey. Today I mostly game on my PC and my 3ds.

Why was gaming as a kid so much fun? Well one aspect of it is that we used to explore every nook and cranny of the games that we had. Most of us back in the day would only get games on holidays or special occasions, at least once every few months for me. The games that I got I would explore them to death. This meant that I was able to familiarize myself with the game and know it really well. This is much different from today when I have a huge Steam library and cannot figure out what to play. I've started a bunch of games and they all stare at me unfinished. To get that excitement back you need to take a few steps. The major one is this: you need to complete each game you own, and you will go back to a feeling that you used to have but have now lost. You will get to feel the excitement of getting a new game again. This is something many of us have lost. The excitement of getting a new game. Back when we were kids we would explore every nook and cranny of the game so getting a new game was exciting because it was something fresh, something we knew nothing about except what was on the box. That was how i used to buy games as a kid. Now with a huge library of unplayed games a new game is simply added to the backlog. It's not a new game to play but a new game to add to the backlog. That is why if we finish the games we have we will be able to feel the feeling again of getting something new. It will truly feel new and we will feel what we felt as kids before. The joy we have lost. Imagine being able to go back to the feeling of being bored with the games you have. I sometimes had the feeling as a kid when i would truly finish a game and replay it over and over and eventually i would get something similar to a feeling of boredom. It 's a good feeling to have though. Because you can get a new game and it will go away. It is far better then having the paralyzing feeling of having too many choices because of a huge game library we have mismanaged.

Explore every nook and cranny of a game and finish the games that you have. If you do this you will get the feeling back of what it was like to get a new video game as a kid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How To Get Through Your Video Game Backlog

What is a video game backlog? How do i get rid of my video game backlog? How do i tackle my Steam library backlog? These are all questions you might ask yourself if you have a list of games that you want to play but haven't gotten to or played due to a variety of reasons and they are now sitting there collecting dust physically or in your elibrary. It might be your booming Steam library or it could be a vast quantity of Xbox games that you have sitting on your shelf. Today most of us have our gaming libraries spread out across multiple gaming platform's and this makes it even more difficult to pick out a game to play and actually finish it. In fact actually finishing a game has in itself become a huge problem for me and it makes getting through my backlog even more difficult. However there are steps i've taken that have helped me get through a lot of my unplayed games and I would like to share these with you. What steps can you take to tackle that video game backlog

10 Worst Things In The World Of Gaming In 2020

  We have all had bad experiences related to video games even while for many of us video games are our favorite hobby and we are mighty passionate and vocal about this  being the case. We've been tricked or taken advantage of by companies who only saw the dollar signs in front of their eyes and not the end effect on the consumer. But gamers aren't dumb and we know when we are taken advantage off. Here are ten worst things in the world of gaming in 2020.  10. Parents who think video games are a waste of time and remind us of this every time they can. 9. Unfinished Games That Are Abandoned After The Developer  Has Already Made That Sweet Sweet Money. 8. Paid DLC And Content That Should Have Been Free. 7. Advertisements in Games We Have Already Paid For. 6. When Hackers And Cheaters Are A Thing In Multiplayer Games. 5. Glitches That Have Been Around Since The Game Launched And Are Still An Issue. 4.When Playing Multiplayer Games That Require Communication And Your Teammates Don

Fall Guys Is Not A Fad

Last month a new game was released by Devolver Digital called Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout. A colorful little multiplayer party game with mini-games where you are a Fall Guy competing in little games with others that involve moving on platforms and avoiding obstacles. Fall Guys has broken many records and has become incredibly popular thou. It has sold 7 million copies on Steam and is now the most downloaded game on PlayStation Plus. It is incredible how a small indie game has been able to achieve such numbers and such fame. Twitch has also been a platform where the game has rose in popularity and spiraled the game into stardom. Twitch streamers have been streaming the game nonstop with average viewer counts in the hundreds of thousand at any given time.  Which brings me to the fact that many people have been saying that Fall Guys is a fad game and will fall away in a month. Well a month later and the game is still going strong with 150,000 average player count on Steam at any given ti